Welcome Guest. For JobStreet.com members, Login here. / For new members, Register here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Resume (Jobstreet Template)
jaycee
post Jan 8 2011, 02:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,694

Frankly said Jobstreet still a quite good recruiting company. But still need to have some improvement so that can help up those applicants . rolleyes.gif

I am quite desperate waiting to get interview...I've applied quite numbers of job but not short listed. Some company totally no response at all. Or just viewed our resume 1 time and reject us.

I have doubt on the Resume - Jobstreet's template. Should jobstreet make some improvement on that or JUST DON'T USE IT? I found that there some problems and limitation. Below are the problems

- We ONLY able to fill in ONE address and Mobile phone number in the template.

Problem : If we are from Malaysia and we would like to search jobs in Thailand, Singapore or Hong Kong. If we have a permanent address in Malaysia and at the same time we have a temporary
address and mobile phone number in other region. When we wanted to hunt a job in other region, in our resume we can put both our permanent and the temporay address and phone number. So that we can easily get contact by the employer. But the Jobstreet template don't have this. This may result us get rejected by the employers. As some employers may "lazy" , reluctent, or don't have so much
time to read our detailed resume (the attachment) and they just simply click the resume - jobstreet resume. We won't know some employers may not click to read our detailed resume - the attachement isn't it? In this scenario isnt sound not good to those job hunter?

Noted that jobstreet really has some limitation and these problems really not benefit to job hunters. Should jobstreet find the best way to solve the problems where if a applicant would like to hunt a job in multiple region at the same time.

I wish jobstreet could improve on the resume- the jobstreet template as what I've mentioned on the above as well as those problems where applicants who wish to apply job at the same time in other regions (apart from Malaysia). Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chenchow
post Jan 8 2011, 04:34 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Star Contributor
Member No.: 5

QUOTE (jaycee @ Jan 8 2011, 02:16 AM) *
Frankly said Jobstreet still a quite good recruiting company. But still need to have some improvement so that can help up those applicants . rolleyes.gif

I am quite desperate waiting to get interview...I've applied quite numbers of job but not short listed. Some company totally no response at all. Or just viewed our resume 1 time and reject us.

I have doubt on the Resume - Jobstreet's template. Should jobstreet make some improvement on that or JUST DON'T USE IT? I found that there some problems and limitation. Below are the problems

- We ONLY able to fill in ONE address and Mobile phone number in the template.

Problem : If we are from Malaysia and we would like to search jobs in Thailand, Singapore or Hong Kong. If we have a permanent address in Malaysia and at the same time we have a temporary
address and mobile phone number in other region. When we wanted to hunt a job in other region, in our resume we can put both our permanent and the temporay address and phone number. So that we can easily get contact by the employer. But the Jobstreet template don't have this. This may result us get rejected by the employers. As some employers may "lazy" , reluctent, or don't have so much
time to read our detailed resume (the attachment) and they just simply click the resume - jobstreet resume. We won't know some employers may not click to read our detailed resume - the attachement isn't it? In this scenario isnt sound not good to those job hunter?

Noted that jobstreet really has some limitation and these problems really not benefit to job hunters. Should jobstreet find the best way to solve the problems where if a applicant would like to hunt a job in multiple region at the same time.

I wish jobstreet could improve on the resume- the jobstreet template as what I've mentioned on the above as well as those problems where applicants who wish to apply job at the same time in other regions (apart from Malaysia). Thanks.

jaycee, thanks for your feedback. There is a section of "Additional Information" in our JobStreet.com template. So, you can easily put that information into that section.

In fact, in our template, there are 2 telephone numbers column - telephone number and mobile number. So, you can use one of that to put your international phone number.

Having said that, most of the employers (except for those who are looking for international talent), may not be as willing to contact candidates abroad, since they would have to deal with work permit etc.

On another note, employers who are viewing your resume, can just click "Invite to Interview" at the page they view your resume, and with that, they can set up date/time/venue and write a message to call you for interview. By doing that, it would trigger a SMS to your mobile number as well. Lots of "Invite to Interviews" have been done by employers to contact candidates to arrange for interview.

Good Luck!

If you have any question/feedback, please feel free to let us know here.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:15 PM