Welcome Guest. For JobStreet.com members, Login here. / For new members, Register here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Option to delete Non-Active Application, A Suggestion
Glen
post Aug 8 2011, 10:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,709

I would like to make an enhancement suggestion for jobstreet users concerning the above matter.

It would be useful if each jobstreet user is given the option to delete "non-active" or any jobs that has been "withdrawn" by the user. This would ensure that we hae a more tidy, clean and up-to-date information on jobs applied, jobs with 'no-status' and or has been view (no of times).

Hope you could look into the above and help me with a solution to help me trim my unwanted pages which have been withdrawn.

Thanks and looking forward to a response from your good self.

regards,
Glen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Melissa
post Aug 8 2011, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator (JobStreet.com)
Member No.: 2,069

QUOTE (Glen @ Aug 8 2011, 10:21 AM) *
I would like to make an enhancement suggestion for jobstreet users concerning the above matter.

It would be useful if each jobstreet user is given the option to delete "non-active" or any jobs that has been "withdrawn" by the user. This would ensure that we hae a more tidy, clean and up-to-date information on jobs applied, jobs with 'no-status' and or has been view (no of times).

Hope you could look into the above and help me with a solution to help me trim my unwanted pages which have been withdrawn.

Thanks and looking forward to a response from your good self.

regards,
Glen

Hi Glen,

In your JobStreet.com account under the My Applications page, there is an option to select 'Active applications' from the drop down menu. By selecting this option, only your applications which are currently still active will be listed.

All your applications history will only be kept for 6 months. The system will automatically delete application history that are more than 6 months.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nickjohnson22
post Jan 12 2012, 12:55 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,505

I agree with the above poster. Often, it can be frustrating to spend some time considering a job, only to find that the job is no longer available. Do you think this is a human resources issue with the employer? Perhaps they are not updating the database, time and attendance, etc. Maybe they aren't even aware that new employees are in their system. There needs to be a new third-party add-on that can track a new hire, what their specific job is (pay, hours, etc.), and a way for that database to merge with this one.

+Quote Post
glow
post Feb 12 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,176

QUOTE (Melissa @ Aug 8 2011, 11:53 AM) *
Hi Glen,

In your JobStreet.com account under the My Applications page, there is an option to select 'Active applications' from the drop down menu. By selecting this option, only your applications which are currently still active will be listed.

All your applications history will only be kept for 6 months. The system will automatically delete application history that are more than 6 months.

what is an 'Active' meaning, and what about the other application which is not in active listed ? thank you.
Reason for edit: Email address removed. Please reveal personal information only via private message (PM)

+Quote Post
Melissa
post Feb 18 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (glow @ Feb 12 2013, 01:18 PM) *
what is an 'Active' meaning, and what about the other application which is not in active listed ? thank you.

Hi glow,

Active means the position is still active and the employers are still processing resumes. Not active means the job has been closed and if you have not been contacted yet, it is highly likely that you were not selected for the position.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jason33
post Mar 6 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Star Contributor
Member No.: 1,799

@ Glen, I strongly support your suggestion. Currently, I've lots of "Closed" and "No Update" job applications, which I feel that it'll be a hassle to go through them and delete them one by one. There could be an automatic feature that "Withdraws" those applications once they've turned 'cold' for too long. JobStreet, will you incorporate this feature in the immediate future? happy.gif

+Quote Post
Melissa
post Mar 7 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Jason33 @ Mar 6 2013, 02:14 PM) *
@ Glen, I strongly support your suggestion. Currently, I've lots of "Closed" and "No Update" job applications, which I feel that it'll be a hassle to go through them and delete them one by one. There could be an automatic feature that "Withdraws" those applications once they've turned 'cold' for too long. JobStreet, will you incorporate this feature in the immediate future? happy.gif

Hi Jason33,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. We will consider them but just to clarify, the "No Update" status does not mean that the employer is not considering your application. It just means that they are not using our system to process applications and therefore we are not able to provide you with an updated status.

The "Job Closed" status can mean that the job application period has ended but it does not mean that employers has finished processing applications. Some employers only starts processing applications after the application process has ended.

We feel that it is a bit risky to allow deletion of applications because when the employer were to call say after the jobseeker has deleted the said application, there is no way for him/her to trace it back and the jobseeker may even think that they did not apply for the said job in the first place. We often hear jobseekers saying that they cannot remember the applications that they have made which can then post even more problems when that were to happen.

We feel there is no harm purging applications only after 6 months when it is confirmed that the employer has already hired someone for the position.

All jobseekers, do feel free to comment or feedback. We look forward to hearing from our jobseekers in order to further improve our products and services smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:25 PM