Welcome Guest. For JobStreet.com members, Login here. / For new members, Register here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Career opportunities for foreign grads
MSR
post Apr 29 2012, 07:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,243

Hi guys,

I've been surfing quite a lot regarding the opportunities for qualified people in Malaysia/Singapore. Being someone who is not currently in the country, I am only concerned about the approach I should take. Just to provide a brief intro of myself I am currently working as an Assistant Manager in Tesco Stores Limited UK. I have managerial experience of 5 years which involves achievements in managing audits, cash office and legal compliance. Besides this, I am an ACCA affiliate and I have also completed the BSc Hons. in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, UK.

I have been contemplating a change of career since retail was my part time career here in UK during my studies and I took it full time only because there was no other option. I have emailed my CV to various recruiters without much luck.

Any advice?

Regards,
MS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Melissa
post May 2 2012, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Star Contributor
Member No.: 2,069

QUOTE (MSR @ Apr 29 2012, 07:09 AM) *
Hi guys,

I've been surfing quite a lot regarding the opportunities for qualified people in Malaysia/Singapore. Being someone who is not currently in the country, I am only concerned about the approach I should take. Just to provide a brief intro of myself I am currently working as an Assistant Manager in Tesco Stores Limited UK. I have managerial experience of 5 years which involves achievements in managing audits, cash office and legal compliance. Besides this, I am an ACCA affiliate and I have also completed the BSc Hons. in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, UK.

I have been contemplating a change of career since retail was my part time career here in UK during my studies and I took it full time only because there was no other option. I have emailed my CV to various recruiters without much luck.

Any advice?

Regards,
MS

Hi MS,

Unfortunately not many recruiters in Malaysia and Singapore are open to hiring foreigners. If you have any friends that are currently working in Malaysia or Singapore do ask for their advice and if possible for them to to recommend you to work in the company they are in. Some foreigners finds it easier to request for a transfer from their current company to Malaysia/Singapore.

You may also try contacting recruitment companies in Malaysia/Singapore to see if they can help you actively source for a job.

All the best!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 05:09 AM