Welcome Guest. For JobStreet.com members, Login here. / For new members, Register here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you send a resume to a company with no vacancy?, How do you make a cover letter to send in a resume to a company if no
elm
post Oct 1 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,322

Hello and good day to everyone...

I have been pondering and searching about this matter for a veery long time.
How do you make a cover letter to send in a resume to a company if no vacancy has been advertised? This is assuming that you are initiating contact with an employer to inform them of your skills and availability, and to suggest that they consider you for any vacancies that arise.

I do hope someone could enlighten me on this matter. Thanks a lot for any feedback.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
weekhang
post Oct 5 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Star Contributor
Member No.: 7

Hi elm,
The easiest way is to look at the company's website and search for the Career or Job Opportunities section.
Companies usually publish their email address there to collect resumes.

Which company do you have in mind at the moment?

+Quote Post
elm
post Oct 5 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,322

Thanks for the reply, weekhang.

Sending the resume itself isn't much of the problem as I could find the email or snail mail address (most of the time tongue.gif). The issue is more towards composing the cover letter. Most cover letter I've seen are composed based on an advertised or known job vacancy. The question is how do you write to the employer to inform them of your skills and availability, and to suggest that they consider you for any vacancies that arise.

I have a few companies in mind such as MaxEnergy, Betronics, LKS, Matco, Elcee, Intec, Syswin, Malakoff, Maser, Alstom and KPG.

Thanks for all the help.

+Quote Post
ishaq shaikh
post Aug 23 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,800

hey .. this might help you . smile.gif
================================================================================
=================

<Your address>
<Your phone number>
<Your email address>
<Employer's address>

<Today’s date>

Dear Sir

I am writing in response to your advertisement in <wherever advertised> for the post of <name of post>.

I am a final year student on the <name of course> at the <name of college>, and expect to graduate on <graduation date> with <expected classification or grade average>. I will be available for employment from <earliest start date>. I am particularly interested in the advertised post because <reason for interest>.

You may be interested to note the following items on my curriculum vitae, which are particularly relevant to this post.

<item 1>
<item 2>

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

<sign your name here – i.e. by hand>

<type your name here>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2014 - 05:20 AM