Welcome Guest. For JobStreet.com members, Login here. / For new members, Register here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what if.... fail to attend interview
asyiqeenJ
post Jan 24 2010, 02:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,769

I noticed that there are warnings that if i am not able to attend interview for any reasons, I need to inform the employer at least 1 day earlier or otherwise the employer have a right to 'to leave a mark in your interview attendance record if you fail to attend a confirmed interview and to share the information with the employers you may apply to in the future.'

~How i am going to know that i've been marked by the employer if i have failed to attend the interview. FYI i tried to contact the employer several times but unfortunately nobody answer.I reply their email to reject the interview

~will my interview attendance record effect the other active application? unsure.gif

I eager to know..

FYI
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl
post Jan 25 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Star Contributor
Member No.: 10

HI,

Yes, you need to inform the employer if you can't attend an interview. Its the right thing to do.

You will be informed via email if the employer mark you as no show. From then on, you can write to the employer to apologize or if the employer is satisfy with your answer, the employer can un-mark you.

No...the interview attendance will not affect your active application...But that does not mean you can continue not showing for interview. Believe me, the HR world is small and sooner enough, you may be blacklist in their community.

+Quote Post
asyiqeenJ
post Jan 25 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,769

QUOTE (Daryl @ Jan 25 2010, 10:21 AM) *
HI,

Yes, you need to inform the employer if you can't attend an interview. Its the right thing to do.

You will be informed via email if the employer mark you as no show. From then on, you can write to the employer to apologize or if the employer is satisfy with your answer, the employer can un-mark you.

No...the interview attendance will not affect your active application...But that does not mean you can continue not showing for interview. Believe me, the HR world is small and sooner enough, you may be blacklist in their community.

I just wanna confirm, if i didn't received any email means that I am not mark as no show...its a relief. thanks.

+Quote Post
chenchow
post Jan 25 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (asyiqeenJ @ Jan 25 2010, 10:46 AM) *
I just wanna confirm, if i didn't received any email means that I am not mark as no show...its a relief. thanks.

Yeah, if you are to be marked as "No Show", you will get an email from JobStreet.com, to ask you to explain your version of explanation. And then, after that, the employers would be informed of your explanation, and they can choose to either "Keep both their version and your version in the system", or delete it.

So, you will be given a chance to explain yourself. Just don't miss out the email from JobStreet.com to explain yourself, if ever the employer decides to tag you as No show.

Hope this is clear.

--------------------

+Quote Post
safeyqa
post Apr 14 2010, 09:52 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,191

I noticed that there are warnings that if i am not able to attend interview for any reasons, I need to inform the employer at least 1 day before but i reply their email to tell them that i want change date interview.

1.How i am going to know that if they received my email..?
2.will my interview attendance record effect the other active application?
3.i would like to know,if i've already accept a job,how do i reject another job that offer me blink.gif

+Quote Post
Daryl
post Apr 14 2010, 09:59 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

Hi Safeyga,

1. If you have send them an email and still unsure that they have receive it, then call to inform them.
2. it will not affect but HR may know that you have not attended interview without informing. Please read the above posting
3. How to reject...professionally. Write them an email and thank them for the time, and you have given a thought to this and sorry to reject the offer.

+Quote Post
Shadowmoon
post May 8 2010, 12:36 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,293

Hello again Sir Daryl,I have another problem here sad.gif
Last night somebody called me to schedule for an interview,unfortunately it's kinda choppy and I'm still sleepy that time(its around 10pm,meron ba talag tumatawag ng ganitong oras @_@) so i cannot clearly hear what the HR is saying.The only clear to me is the office address(RCBC plaza) and the position offered(marketing coordinator)but the most important thing, the company name(i didn't hear it that much i even asked it for the second time but didn't hear it again (the company name is like interchange or something.>.<)I didn't asked for the 3rd time(baka kasi makulitan hehe)I just asked if they saw my resume in jobstreet and she said yes, i thought its one of my pending applications but when i checked it in my applications,its not there.

I cannot contact the HR to reply a call back because its a private number

Any suggestion?I don't want my Jobstreet to be marked as no show >.< i hope they will call again tongue.gif

+Quote Post
chenchow
post May 10 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Shadowmoon @ May 8 2010, 12:36 PM) *
Hello again Sir Daryl,I have another problem here sad.gif
Last night somebody called me to schedule for an interview,unfortunately it's kinda choppy and I'm still sleepy that time(its around 10pm,meron ba talag tumatawag ng ganitong oras @_@) so i cannot clearly hear what the HR is saying.The only clear to me is the office address(RCBC plaza) and the position offered(marketing coordinator)but the most important thing, the company name(i didn't hear it that much i even asked it for the second time but didn't hear it again (the company name is like interchange or something.>.<)I didn't asked for the 3rd time(baka kasi makulitan hehe)I just asked if they saw my resume in jobstreet and she said yes, i thought its one of my pending applications but when i checked it in my applications,its not there.

I cannot contact the HR to reply a call back because its a private number

Any suggestion?I don't want my Jobstreet to be marked as no show >.< i hope they will call again tongue.gif

Shadowmoon, sorry to hear that you couldn't catch the company name clearly.

Perhaps in the future, you would ask them for their phone number, so that you can call back.

Do check and see which company are based at RCBC Plaza.

In the future, do ask them to email you too, so that you can check on it. Have you checked your email address, so that you can confirm on that.

Don't worry about being marked as no show, as we would email you if they mark you as No Show, and then you can write an explanation on that.

Good Luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shadowmoon
post May 10 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,293

Lucky,they texted me for confirmation.They offer online marketing coordinator position.Now a new problem,based on my little research, this position is usually for experienced employee already.omg.Im only a freshy and no work experience at all.I wonder how come they still called even its indicated in my resume that i only look for entry level marketing jobs.Hmmm should i continue with the interview @_@ im afraid of getting butchered by the HR.LOL
My interview will be tomorrow, im really nervous coz this is a multinational company >.<

+Quote Post
Melissa
post May 11 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,069

QUOTE (Shadowmoon @ May 10 2010, 10:17 PM) *
Lucky,they texted me for confirmation.They offer online marketing coordinator position.Now a new problem,based on my little research, this position is usually for experienced employee already.omg.Im only a freshy and no work experience at all.I wonder how come they still called even its indicated in my resume that i only look for entry level marketing jobs.Hmmm should i continue with the interview @_@ im afraid of getting butchered by the HR.LOL
My interview will be tomorrow, im really nervous coz this is a multinational company >.<

I would suggest that you attend the interview. Them having called you means that they are willing to consider a fresh graduate. At the end of the day, whether you get the job or not it is still not wasted to have went for the interview. Every interview you attend gives you a chance to learn and helps you to prepare yourself better for future interviews. Pay attention to the kind of questions they ask as there will usually be some common questions that every interviewer would ask. The next time round, prepare your answers for these common questions so that you are able to present yourself well and according to the requirements they are looking for.

All the best!

--------------------

+Quote Post
csy
post May 30 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,452

Hi,

I had a similar case, problem to me is that i did not apply any job posted by a head hunting company (which i never heard before). I had reject the interview couple of time via telephone whereby the job offering to me is uncertain such as telling me come for interview in morning for "Relationship Manager" and if i am not able to attend in morning I am requested to go at evening for another position, which i am not sure some sort executive post.

Since after the phone call, i had rejected with proper reason, i received an sms today from the same person saying that, she will send a "NO SHOW" interview report to JobStreet.com, which she mentioned because of that it will affect my future job application. It seems threatening me to attend for the interview.

With that, basically i also did not receive any scheduled interview from the mentioned company too.

What should i do or should i make a police report with the threatening sms ?

+Quote Post
Jason33
post May 31 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,799

Sigh ...

It's so immature and unprofessional for companies calling candidates they want to interview at the very last hour. I had recently received one call of such 'urgency' that I rejected the invitation and requested for the interview to be postponed to the following week. Would you want to know what happened next? Nothing! I even made the effort to email and called the HR personnel in-charge, and she didn't even give a damn about this. Only excuse given was that "... oh, the manager(s) who're to interview you will be busy, and I wouldn't know when they'll be." That gave me a very bad impression about her and the company as a whole. A typical, "don't know, don't care" attitude. She should be FIRED for NOT doing her job.

But, to receive a threatening invitation from a company/employer, that's despicable! You should immediate report this matter to JobStreet.com (best report the job posted online, you can find it).

Anyway, csy ...

What should i do or should i make a police report with the threatening sms ?

If you can, find out about the company that you've received this threatening invitation from, as well as, the person who've contacted you, with his/her contact number and venue of the interview. Investigate this further, if you wish, by attending the interview. If the interview is genuine, do ask to see the supervisor in-charged, and lodge a complaint against the person who contacted you. Explained to them what had happened, and that you felt threatened by the invitation. If the interview is a hoax, you can lodge a police report, as well as, a complaint to JobStreet.com.

Just be extra careful with the invitations that you may receive nowadays ... blink.gif

+Quote Post
sfatimah
post Jun 4 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,423

Hi,

I received an interview request via an e-mail from Jobstreet today. I understand there are implications for not attending a confirmed interview but are there any consequences if I reject an interview request? I was prompted to accept, reject or decline and I did the latter. I put in my reason as well (awaiting another job offer). Do i withdraw my application with this company? Please advise. Thank you.

+Quote Post
Melissa
post Jun 7 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,069

QUOTE (sfatimah @ Jun 4 2010, 03:21 PM) *
Hi,

I received an interview request via an e-mail from Jobstreet today. I understand there are implications for not attending a confirmed interview but are there any consequences if I reject an interview request? I was prompted to accept, reject or decline and I did the latter. I put in my reason as well (awaiting another job offer). Do i withdraw my application with this company? Please advise. Thank you.

There will be no consequences if you decline the interview request. Employers can only tag a candidate as "No Show" if the candidate accepted the interview but then do not show up for the interview without informing the employer beforehand that he/she is not able to make it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vegetablevn
post Oct 8 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 2,914

QUOTE (Melissa @ Jun 7 2010, 04:34 PM) *
There will be no consequences if you decline the interview request. Employers can only tag a candidate as "No Show" if the candidate accepted the interview but then do not show up for the interview without informing the employer beforehand that he/she is not able to make it.

Hi everybody,

You can see same topic at the side bar of this site. You can find out some thing same your questions or use search box or this site.

Apart from that, you also can ref more resources at: Marketing coordinator interview questions
Best rgs

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 05:50 AM